The LimeSDR Mini development board is a hardware platform for high-performance and logic-intensive digital and RF designs that use Altera’s MAX 10 FPGA and Lime Microsystems’ LMS7002M RF transceiver.
LimeSDR vs LimeSDR Mini
The LimeSDR and LimeSDR Mini are members of the same family of software-defined radios. One does not replace the other. Rather, they are complementary.
Simply put, the LimeSDR Mini is a smaller, less expensive version of the original LimeSDR. However, it still packs a punch – at its core, the LimeSDR Mini uses the same LMS7002M radio transceiver as its big sibling. The Mini has two channels instead of four, and, by popular demand, SMA connectors instead of micro U.FL connectors. Check out the comparison table below for more details.
We’ve already shipped thousands of LimeSDR boards and they are now available for purchase from stock. The LimeSDR Mini is built on the LimeSDR supply chain, dev tools, and community in a way that makes software-defined radio more accessible than ever.
Features and Specifications
- RF Transceiver: Lime Microsystems LMS7002M FPRF
- FPGA: Altera MAX 10 (10M16SAU169C8G)
- EEPROM memory: 2 x 128 KB for RF transciever MCU firmware and data
- Flash memory: 1 x 4 MB flash memory for data
- USB 3.0 controller: FTDI FT601
- Rakon 30.72 MHz VCTCXO
- Continuous frequency range: 10 MHz – 3.5 GHz
- Bandwidth: 30.72 MHz
- RF Connection: 2 x SMA connectors (each can be switched between high and low frequency bands) + 1x U.FL REF CLK
- Power Output (CW): up to 10 dBm
- Dimensions: 69 mm x 31.4 mm