This project is concerned with creating RF front-end modules, such as PAs, LNAs and filters, that can be used together with an SDR platform in order to create a custom wireless solution.
Dual PA and Tuner
Dual-channel PA module based around Sony wideband (UHF-3800MHz) configurable MMIC power amplifier and Sony 2-Bank (5-bit series cap-array and 4-bit shunt cap-array) tuner devices, with USB configuration via Atmel AVR microcontroller, which also provides external GPIO for e.g. antenna switching or filter insertion via coaxial relays.
- Frequency range: 0.3 – 3.8GHz
- Gain (W-CDMA): min 9.6dB, max 42.1dB
- Power Output (W-CDMA): min 11.1dBm, max 19.9dBm
- Power Supply: 5V from USB3 (optional via external power source)
- Interfaces: SPI, GPIO
- Connector: Micro USB2 (on PC plugged into USB3 for max I = 0.9A)
- Board size: 63 x 40mm (PCB: 40 x 40 mm)
- Heatsink size: 28 x 29 x 15mm
A compact dual-LNA board with 2x TriQuint TQP3M9005 devices with the following characteristics:
- 50 – 4000 MHz
- 15.3 dB Gain at 1.9 GHz
- 0.8 dB Noise Figure at 1.9 GHz
- 14 dB I/O Return Loss)
- +34 dBm Output IP3
- +22.3 dBm P1dB
- 50 Ohm Cascadable Gain Block
- Unconditionally Stable
- High Input Power Capability
- Single Supply, 50 mA Current
SISO modules with a single SMA socket and plug, with TX and RX SAW filters from SAWNICS for bands: I, II, V, VII.